Skip to main content

Alas, Mexi Rolls

Could it get any better than this? Maybe, but not likely.  What are the odds that this small town in Wyoming, that we now proudly call home, has a Taco John's?  Now, not everyone here has the same respect for the Potato Ole's, cheese dip, Pizza burger and Mexi Rolls that I do, mainly people that are from Texas and just don't understand the concept of Mexican fast food. However, all my Murray, Kentucky peeps who grew up with that six pack and a pound know where I'm coming from when I say Taco John's is on my "have to eat at list" every year when we travel back home.  And though we may not admit it, we all secretly get a little rage of jealousy when we read on Facebook about someone's trip home and they have 'checked in' at Taco John's. Or what about when somebody is on a road trip and they post that they have stumbled upon a Taco John's and they are now enjoying something out of that brown paper bag and then us folks that live in Taco John's-less towns, or even states, are left craving something we love but can't have?  It's just pure torture!  No longer will I have to block these people from my friends list because they are indulging in Taco John's yumminess and I'm not.  I can just go get my own, it's only 2.8 miles away.

Comments

  1. Lol... this made me smile...im happy you can now have your taco johns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) isn't it funny that it's the little things that makes life so wonderful!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg...I grew up in union city, TN. I worked at rent a center and we had a office in Murray,KY. I loved going there to get my mexi rolls and potato and extra nacho cheese. I now live in Fl..and the only one they had here to now permanently closed. I cried!! Going to try this recipe and see how it works. But nothing is compared to the OG!! I would buy some in bulk if I could. Back in the day..high school years..it was always...taco johns
    6pk & a pound and mexi rolls with extra nacho cheese. #mexirollsrock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Murray KY now!!! I was hoping to find a way to make the little suckers!! Lol. I have some tortillas and hamburger. I know s former worker, all of their meat is hamburger, cooked in water and seasoned not with taco seasoning, but Lowery's seasoning salt. Same seasoning on potato oles according to her. I'm not 100% certain. It's just what she said.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

dirty feet

"Left foot, left foot, right foot, right...." d irty feet is more like it! how in the world can one little boy's feet get this dirty? and the funny thing is, he is soooo proud of them! b oys! d irty feet, pockets full of rocks, jars filled with worms.... everyday is an adventure around here. i couldn't imagine it any other way.

Superbowl Party XLVI

With the Superbowl only days away, and more than 100 million people gathering to watch the big event in their homes, my goal is to make your bash the party to remember.  The number one thing the Superbowl does is bring people together (which could be both a bad and good thing), so fire up the grill and break out the hot wings and cheese dip folks because it's time for some football! According to an article I was reading in a Billings Gazette  insert, there are some rules that you can follow to ensure your party-goers have a foolproof time. FOUR RULES FOR A FOOLPROOF TIME: 1.   Give guests a choice of party zones.   Who says you only have to have one viewing area?  Have more than one TV set up and tuned into the game.  One can be used for those die hard football fanatics who want to see every play and call of the game and the other for the chatters and snackers.  A basement or a media room would be perfect for the die hard fans and then a TV in the kitchen/dining or living spac